Saturday, August 26, 2006

In the good ole USA!




















Here is just another cool thing/animal we was in the U.P. I spotted this beautiful eagle looking out onto Lake Superior. I got a few pictures then we watched him fly out, almost out of sight, onto Lake Superior. He came back shortly after with a fish in his claws. He flew so far out we couldn't see him. So how he could see a fish is beyond me. I guess that's why we say "Eagle eye" for someone who is very observant.
The first eagle I ever saw was here in Ohio at Charles Mills lake. Then this spring there was one in Sandusky looking out over Lake Erie. The one in Sandusky was very close to a bar. In typical Ohio fashion they had built a deck onto the bar for drinking and gauging at the eagle.
It's so amazing to see one in the wild like this. They were dangerously close to extinction and now we can see them in Ohio. It's a wonderful animal that represents the great USA.

No comments: