Wednesday, April 05, 2006

THRIFT STORES = NEW PURSES


Ok, so I got up yesterday and decided that my life was boring and I needed a new purse. Huge jump, but that's what I thought. I begrudgingly went to my own stash of purses and didn't like a thing I saw. Like who put that clear, green totally plastic (smells like a new baby doll) purse in there. I mean, really, who would carry that at my age?

So I looked at the ads and started looking for stores, possibly Kohl's who is always having a super something sale, and that's not until Thursday and I can't wait that long. So I go back to my stash, sure that I missed something and more ugly stuff was there. Someone is breaking into my house, going to my purse stash and putting ugly purses in....I hate that!

What to do, what to do.

Kyle was saying he needed a few new t-shirts so I headed off to the Thrift store. Now picture this, I was just dying my hair went this thought came to me. I had to wait the entire 45 minutes before I could leave. That's a long time! But I also remembered that going there is a bit of a gamble because there are no guarentees that there will be anything there worth having. That's probably where all those ugly purses in my stash have been coming from.

Now there are two stores near each other that I like to thrift at. So there was bound to be something at 2 stores, right?

Now is that time I start confessing. (Play some sad music right now) I found just the light colored, pastel spring purse that I was looking. And it hasn't been used either. And it was at the first store too. But did that stop me from heading to the second store? No way, I was on a roll. The second store was a gold mine. I came out of there with 4 new-ish purses. Yup, that's 5 new-ish purses. Did I mention I already had a stash of purses? I will be sporting a new purse everytime you see me.

Yes, I should be ashamed that someone out there looking for a cool purse for the summer will have to settle for my leftovers but, the early shopper gets the purses.

In my defense, I went home and purged from my stash. I am donating 5 purses to a free store that my church operates. So I am feeling better about my purse purchases already.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you trying to compete with the Sock Princess? She has a purse collection too!