Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Meet First Lady Laura Bush

Can you believe this???? One of my knitting buddies works for the Republician committee here in Ohio and she was able to get me and my sister in to this fundraiser for Congresswoman Debra Pryce and quess who the speaker was.......Mrs. Laura Bush. She was sooo elegant and nice to meet. I was such a geek too. She took time to meet everyone who wanted to meet her and sign autographs and pose for pictures. That's my sis Patti and we had one cool time. We didn't even have to give to the fundraiser, just paid for the parking and that was it. You never, ever know where knitting will take you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That must have been sooooooooo exciting!!!!!!!!! I would have loved to have met her. She's one classy lady. I'm glad you got to experience this.... did you show her your knitting??? ha ha ha

Anonymous said...

how wonderful....she seems like the most amazing and gracious woman!

Julie said...

wow, that is just so cool! I am a big fan of Mrs. Bush - you are fortunate to have this opportunity to meet her!

I like the Frog-blog. :o)