Wednesday, May 10, 2006

First Sweater

Ok, here it is! My first ever knit sweater. It will be now and (probably) forever be known as my First and Last Sweater. I fully understand how to make one now and it really is easier than making socks but sizing is so much more involved. If you think that it looks big, you would be right. In fact it is really, really big. So big that I might also call it my snuggle sweater. Because several of my loved ones could also fit in it with me and we could....snuggle! For all the knitters, yes I did a gage swatch, yes it was right on but the advise that I got was not right on. I am not upset and I will wear this on my "I am fatter than fat" days but don't ask me if I am going to do another one anytime soon. You see the problem is changing a pattern, yarn and needles to make something to fit. I guess all size people have this problem but I really can't feel too sorry for the skinny people. I mean really, boo hoo they don't make patterns for size 00, let me hand you a tissue!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you. Love the sweater.

Anonymous said...

YOu did an excellent job. The pain will subside and you'll be ready to knit one again.

Anonymous said...

That is why I'm scared of knitting sweaters too. My varigated sweater will probably be smaller than I need... I just know it! I never did get gauge so I 'guessed'. This may be the biggest mistake I make!! But yours is beautiful and I love it! Congratulations!!!