Monday, May 11, 2009

Big Blue Sweater....FINISHED!

I finally finished this sweater.  I love it, but knitting a plus sized sweater takes forever.  At least it seems like forever.  I started this in October of 2008 and finished in April 2009.  Not too bad considering the spring I've had but long enough.  If you knit a lot of small projects, scarves, socks, and such, something this big seems HUGE!  The hardest part of knitting something is getting the right size for you.  It seems easy enough, just knit and measure and knit and measure some more.  And if you don't have the right size, you can take it apart and have a do over.  Who wants a do over except a loser?  But I had to do this several times on the sleeves, the width was for a stick person.  Unfortunately I am not only fluffy in the middle, but fluffy all over.  It's a bit plain too, but when you are more worried about fit, you don't also want to worry about the pattern.  I am celebrating the purchase of the yarn, pattern and needles and a completed project.  Now what do knit next....something smallish I think.  

1 comment:

Bean Counting Knitter said...

Awesome! Great job.