Thursday, November 06, 2008

Hello, I'm back

Not that I was missed but here I am.
I just have to share the funniest thing I saw last night. We have deer running around our neighborhood. Nothing new but they are fun to see. Well, last night the family was coming home around 9pm and as we were pulling into the neighborhood, I noticed a huge deer in my neighbors front yard. Just a walkin' around like it owed the place. Ryan also noticed another deer just a bit further down crossing the street, not in a cross walk I might add. Anywho, since we were coming from a school concert, I had the video camera. Unfortunately it's new and I had no idea what I was doing. Dear hubby was whispering, rather forcefully, to just "turn it on". This thing is smaller that a wallet and loaded with buttons to push and pull and did I mention it was 9pm and dark outside. So I'm fumbling around with it, and finally get it turned on and start hanging the camera out the window because trying to video through the front window of a car, get a good shot of nothing but you. I was taping everything but the deer. Then they took off around the back of the neighbors house. So we continued pulling into our driveway and the car lights hit something rather large and weird in their backyard. I whisper, rather forcefully, for dear hubby to back up so the lights can hit it again. Here's the funny part, it's a huge deer, a buck with antlers that has a tangle of tree branched stuck in it's antles. I mean it looks like it's carrying a bush by it's antlers. Picture a deer with a boufont hair do, stacked up so high it looks like the hair on the bride of Frankenstein. It was the funniest thing. So now, we start to get out of the car to video it. Elliot, that what we've named it (from the movie Open Season) takes off. Heads into our yard and is now about 5 feet from the car with the headlights blinding it making it come to a standstill looking right at me. Ryan starts freaking out saying "it's going to charge", guess he's seen Are We There Yet too many times. It's a bit hard to be scared of something that looks like that, I was laughing myself silly. We got a small video of it but like I said it was dark and so is the video. Now we look for Elliot every night hoping he's feelings aren't hurt.

1 comment:

auntgerry said...

Ok put the video up on your blog so we can laugh too.