Monday, March 05, 2007

Have you hugged your Chiropractor today?

It happened again - Saturday morning I awoke with numbness and tingling in my right hand. Another bout of Carpel Tunnel syndome....so back to the hand brace and no knitting. I started to get really scared thinking that what I love, I could no longer do. Those jokes about getting old and things hurting for no reason are no longer funny. While checking out some websites I discovered that some women had seen relief by seeing their chiropractor. I have a great chiropractor and I went to see him this morning. Man, do I really, really like this guy. It's like all the fun without all the undressing and general messiness of......time with your hubby. But you leaving feeling just as relaxed!!!!! So he told me I have a very mild case of CTS - can't image a stronger case. I have some arm exercises to do and apparently it's mostly in muscle below my elbow going down toward my wrist. While he was showing me how to do the exercises they really hurt - I almost cried, almost. And it's brought on my holding too tightly to things - like size 2 needles. Or maybe I need more time with Rob. The best news was when he told me I didn't have to stop knitting while this all heals ! ! ! Yahoo, I feel good, na na na na na na na!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad your problems isn't too serious. See what happens when you use #2 needles?

Anonymous said...

Please note that I did not proof my previous post.