Thursday, July 06, 2006

Wedded bliss and crawdad huntin'

Well this is what wedded bliss looks like?!? This is my aunt and uncle in WV. They just celebrated 50 years together. People in the hills don't like much fuss over themselves. They will fuss over you but not comfortable with you fussin' over them. Can you tell my aunt is one of those people. They have 3 kids and they put together one really nice party for them. Lots of fried chicken, cake and gifts. I enjoyed seeing cousins I haven't seen in 10-15 years. My mom is youngest of 7 kids so my cousins already have grandbabies and I have a 14 and 11 year old. Yes I looked better/younger than the rest too! HAHA! I also loved the country air. I mean we were in hollers of WV. Ryan asked if we were on a one way street because the street didn't have any lines in the middle! His first taste of a holler I guess. They also enjoyed playing in the creek. That was what my sister and I enjoyed doing when we went to mamaws house. See below:
Sorry I don't know how to rotate the picture.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a blast. We seldom get to make these kinds of memories anymore.

Julie said...

looks like fun. I remember going to my grandmother's house and playing in the "crick" with my cousins...

Anonymous said...

I remember going to Grandma's house and being totally bored!!!!!
No "crick" or toys or cousins. Your family is very lucky!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of fun.... catching crawdads.
I used to catch tadpoles when I was a kid... great memories!